Sunday, June 24, 2012

Heavy Insult or Advisory on Checked Bag

(photo: TheHopefulTraveler)
Today I leave for my annual visit to New York City. Checking my bag at the American Airlines counter at Honolulu International Airport, the airline agent stuck a new tag onto my bag I never saw before. I just saw the words "heavy" and I knew I weighed my bag before I left home to be sure it weighed less than 50 pounds.

In full the tag reads: Heavy. Assisted lift may be required. Bend your knees."

As I handed it to be x-rayed another passenger saw me looking at the tag. He said its a just a reminder for the passenger to lift at the knees when living a bag even one that meets the weight limits. He added it's probably because someone tried to blamed the airline that he hurt his back for lifting his own bag which he backed. I just wondered: could that be true? In this world of blame, it just may be.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...