Sunday, December 5, 2010

Twist: Restaurant at the Renaissance Hollywood

Entrance to Twist on mezzanine level.
This is one of the continuing series of posts about the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel. I normally do not have breakfast in the hotel just because they are often overpriced and there are more reasonable or better choices nearby. But because this weekend was a slow time for the hotel, a room with breakfast special that was only four dollars more than the regular room rate was a deal I could not pass up.

I've always found the service at Marriott Hotel brands waiver but rather consistent at its Renaissance Hotels I've patronized over the years. For breakfast, the wait staff should be aware if you're looking to take a long lazy meal or if you're looking to eat and go. Here at Twist, my server sensed I was going to make only one pass at the buffet but kept my coffee cup full and the check was ready by the time I finished.

As far as breakfasts go the food choices are what is expected of a hotel buffet. But it does include a hot food station with a cook preparing omelets your way or pancakes and waffles. The difference was Texas French toast which I learned included cinnamon to differentiate it from the regular kind.

The dining room is bright and airy with high ceilings and some tables along the windows overlooking Highland and the Hollywood Hills

The restaurant is open for breakfast daily. However with easy access for hotel guests to dine at the Hollywood & Highland Center, the restaurant alters its hours for lunch or dinner. Call the restaurant for their current hours. Click here for more info.

The morning sun reaches into the dining room.
The spacious dining room.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...