Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trastevere Italian Restaurant on the Boulevard

Restaurant in the morning before opening for lunch.
The reason for staying at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel was for its convenience near attractions, shopping and restaurants. So this meant likely having more than one meal at one of the tenants at the Hollywood & Highland Center. For dinner this evening I chose the Trastevere Italian Restaurant.

Dining tables near the bar.
Named for a district in Rome, the restaurant which opened in 2002 is located on the third level of the center making it a quiet interlude from the bustling crowds below. After the crowds on the subway and walking around downtown, I was ready for a relaxing dinner.

Diners can either be seated along the patio with a view of the Hollywood Hills or within the inviting atmosphere of the bar or dining room. On this slightly warm evening a table inside by the window and near the bar was my choice.

I've always marked Italian restaurants by how difficult the menu is to pronounce. It peaks my curiosity to then read the ingredients of each item. Of course it takes me a little longer to make a choice. My entree this evening was one of the restaurant specials: Pesce Spada Al Limone E Capperi (swordfish served with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables and lemon caper sauce).

Some may find the the caper sauce makes the dish too sour or salty, but I found the fish complemented by a caper in each bite. The inclusion of mashed potatoes made it a hearty meal. The entree was paired with a glass of pinot grigio. Combined with the complimentary bread, my appetite was satisfied. If there was a zabaglione type of dessert on the menu, I probably would have found room for it. But no such luck.

Swordfish entree
On this Saturday evening the seating on the balcony was full and many of the tables inside occupied too. But the service was still fast and attentive. I wouldn't mind dining here again if I happen to be staying at the Renaissance in the future.

Click here for the restaurant menu. More info at trastevereristorante.com. Hours Sun-Thu 11:30am-11pm; Fri & Sat 11:30am-Midnight.

Restaurant Bar

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...