Monday, September 20, 2010

Trick or Treat at the Renaissance? Treat indeed!

When I returned to the Renaissance Chancery Court early Monday evening, I found the display pictured below. It puzzled me for a moment then I recall reading in the welcome letter the front desk gave me upon check-in about a little treat after seven days.

This was it: fresh fruit and two bottles once again of Hildon still and sparkling water. Since I ate a steak at Joe Allen less than a half-hour ago, I decided to snack on this when I returned from the theater. Now at this writing I'm not sure if this is customary for all guests who stay beyond seven nights. In the end it didn't matter to me since I probably won't be able to afford a return visit until I have enough points to stay here again. So I just planned to accept and enjoy.


In the meantime I was wondering is this brand of water special. The brand advertises itself as "authentically English".  Their website offers the following description:

Hildon Natural Mineral Water comes from beneath the chalk hills of the beautiful Hampshire countryside in the South of England. The water is wholesome, naturally filtered and crystal-clear. It is free from pollution with a stable composition, being naturally low in sodium. The water is bottled at source and whether it is Delightfully Still or Gently Sparkling, has a distinctive, delicious taste.

While Hildon has long been the water of choice at prestigious venues, such as The Savoy, The Royal Opera House, Guards Polo Club and the House of Commons it is now possible to have this fine water delivered to your door, to enjoy in your own home.
Related Review Posts of the Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel:


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...