Monday, September 13, 2010

London Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel

The striking hotel courtyard
In a previous post I wrote that the reasons for a choice of hotel is different for every person. For this London visit, there were two main reasons the London Renaissance Chancery Court was chosen. First I decided to unload my Marriott Rewards points before the company again raises the per night point requirement. This in turn will save money since the hotel stay, depending on the property, can sometimes (well in London definitely) be the most expensive part of a vacation. Secondly this particularly hotel was the best situated near the West End theaters. Since I'd be seeing a production each night, I could walk to many of the theaters or use the underground.


Among Marriott's London properties, this falls in category 7 of 8. This means this hotel is one category shy of being one of Marriott's most elite properties. Being I never stayed at this hotel this before and even with the pictures and reviews online, one always worries it may not live up to expectations.

From arrival in the elegant courtyard and lobby, somehow I had the feeling this hotel was going to be special. Even before I finished paying my taxi driver, my bags were already taken inside by the hotel staff. And yes I am impressed when there are not one but two doormen to greet you and open your way into the hotel lobby.

While checking-in a sealed envelope was given to me. It was a greeting from the hotel management with a certificate for a complimentary spa treatment and a drink at the hotel bar. Since I had no single pound notes to tip the bell staff, the front desk was able to exchange a five pound note into five single pound coins then a porter with my bags in tow served as my guide to the elevators and to my room.

The spacious and elegant hotel lobby.

Related Review Posts of the Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...