Saturday, June 9, 2007

Have Pen, Will Travel

There has to be something to be said about traveling with at least one ball-point pen. If traveling abroad and back to the U.S.A. especially to Hawaii, always carry a pen with you. In all these instances there is a document that needs to be completed upon arrival. American Airlines flight attendants now distribute the forms during flight. These include Landing Cards, which the Hopeful Traveler completed prior to landing in London; customs declarations for all those entering the U.S.; and agriculture declaration forms for all entering the state of Hawaii. It always happens as several passengers scramble for a pen from flight attendants or other passengers. By the way, never fly with Sanford Uni-Ball Rollerball Pens. After a couple of flight segments at high altitudes, these pens start to leak their ink. It's happen more than once to the T.H.T. A regular stick pen, such as those manufactured by Bic, will do. As a matter a practice, I keep the pen easily accessible in a carry-on bag pocket.

If you make an error on your Landing Card, additional forms are available at Passport Control after landing. The form is completed in capital letters. As much as you may be proud of your ethnic heritage, remember that if you are a citizen of the U.S. you're nationality is 'American'. If you do not have the address of your hotel, just print the exact name of the hotel.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...