Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bacon! @ Wolfgang Puck L.A. Bistro

Wolfgang Puck L.A. Bistro at Universal Studios Hollywood CityWalk.
Not to waste my visit to CityWalk since Universal's theme park was not on my agenda, I got to experience Wolfgang Puck L.A. Bistro for lunch. The location is one of several casual dining restaurants by the famous chef. What struck my appetite was seeing bacon wrapped meatloag under Wolfgang's Classics menu. Any moment and any meal is good if it includes bacon.


The restaurant is ultra casual but it's Sizzler Restaurant like service was a surprise. Orders are placed at a counter near the entrance and the order brought to your table. This brings up a question: is it fast food or it is not? One distinction being customers would normally tip in a restaurant with traditional table service. I've come to learn one selling point of the restaurant is a full-speed lunch but full-service dinner.

But back to the important thing: the food. The bacon wrapped meatloaf is something I could eat everyday. Each piece was a tender morsel. The gravy was rich and enough not to smother but to enjoy with every bite of the generous slice of meat loaf. No complaints here about the crispy onion rings on top offering texture to contrast with the mashed potatoes.

Yup, I couldn't wait to dig hence the disarray and missing portion.
The menu also includes selections of wood stone oven pizzas, pastas, sandwiches and entree salads. Most entree selections range from $6-$16. The meatloaf is $14. By the way since a server refilled my drink I left the standard gratuity. I enjoyed the dish and I was in an extremely good mood. Ah the pleasures of bacon.

More info at wolfgangpuck.com. Opens at 11am daily. Takeout and delivery service offered. Online ordering available.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...