Monday, September 13, 2010

Embarrassing Moment: Where is the Light Switch?


Entering the room with no lights on I felt the wall for the light switch. The porter asked me for my hotel card and placed it in the slot on a wall-mounted module and voila! There was light. As often as I have stayed at hotels, this is the first time I have encountered one of these energy saving devices.

Ever left the hotel room with the lights on? Well it may become more common for the industry to install these energy management devices in every hotel room. It turns all lights off once the hotel key card is pulled and in essence saves energy and reduces costs for the hotel. It's a great idea although it took a couple of mornings searching for my key card before leaving the room only to remember it was stuck in the wall.

Right now there is no common simple name for the device, although one brand is called a wattstopper.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...