Sunday, July 1, 2012

Corner Shop Cafe in Greenwich Village

(photos: TheHopefulTraveler)
This Sunday morning I'm meeting my friends Marc and Pun for brunch at the Corner Shop Cafe. After nearly a week in the city, I always appreciate when they suggest new places to enjoy a meal. They had made the reservation and all I need to do was show up.

The restaurant is conveniently located a couple of blocks north of the Prince Street subway station, one stop along the Broadway local trains N and R, which I hopped on from the station near my Times Square hotel. If you plan to do some shopping in Soho, this is another place to consider as an eating option.

Although I have a sweet tooth and French toast or Belgian waffles would have been nice, I opted for the Eggie Breakfast ($10) comprised of two eggs any style (mine were scrambled), grilled tomatoes, whole grain toast with the option of bacon (+$4), spicy pork sausage (+$4) or the addition of egg whites (+$1). My choice was bacon. Some coffee and juice completed the meal.

Something would have to go awfully wrong to ruin the preparation of such a breakfast plate and the Corner Shop Cafe did not disappoint.

Reservations are required as the restaurant seating area is small. Note that tables are placed close to each other and window seating limited. The atmosphere is warm and the servers pleasant.

Visit cornershopcafe.com for more information. Hours: Mon-Wed 11am-11pm; Thu-Fri 11am-Midnight; Sat 10am-Midnight; Sun 10am-10pm (bruch 10am-4pm). Located at the northeast corner of Broadway and Bleecker St.

(Update May 2013: Corner Shop Cafe has closed their doors)


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...