Saturday, June 30, 2012

Stage Door at 'Once' Musical with Steve Kazee

The Hopeful Traveler with 'Once' musical star Steve Kazee.
It's past 11pm this Saturday night and after seeing 'One Man, Two Guvnors' the star of the play James Corden appeared detained to greet those waiting at the stage door. Across the street the crowd had dispersed that met the cast of the musical 'Once' and meeting every last person waiting was its leading man Steve Kazee.

I had seen the 'Once' at the matinee today and thoroughly loved it (read my review by clicking HERE). But I opted to return to my hotel to rest since I had not feeling well the past couple of days. But I was feeling much better this evening.

Since Corden appeared delayed, I headed to the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre where 'Once' is playing and was able to ask for a photo with the actor. Sadly I lacked my playbill so I lost the opportunity for an autograph.

I first saw Kazee perform in the Broadway production of 'Spamalot' in 2006 where he played one of the replacements in the role of Lancelot. A year later in 2007, I got a chance to see the revival of the musical '110 in the Shade' during its limited run where Kazee played Starbuck his first original leading role on Broadway. In that production all the performing laurels were placed on leading actress Audra McDonald but Kazee displayed he was leading man material even with unfortunate greasy long hair of the character. But something magical happened on stage when he performed the song "Melisande" where the audience could see the actor's inherent charm to win the heart of Lizze played by McDonald.

Watch the interview below with Steve Kazee from BroadwayWorld.com:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...