Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Mid-Way Point in Manhattan


Half over or half completed. For everyone who takes a vacation, the mid-point always comes and it seems like the countdown clock is ticking and the time is slipping away. This may be sign that one is enjoying a vacation. But it can also mean the return trip back home to the daily grind is on the horizon.

On this fourth day in Manhattan, I find myself above the 14th Street subway station on 8th Avenue. After sixteen visits to New York City, there's always something new to discover. The 9/11 Memorial would be fully realized later this year and four years ago the Top of the Rock opened. My travels today will take me to the High Line for the first time on Manhattan's West Side which opened a second phase this year after .

Although I've enjoyed my first visits to New York, my trips now to the city are much more richer meeting friends in the city. This is one of the few days when I'd have company for most of the day; first with Marc and Pun at High Line then later today with Giselle and Ritchie for dinner at a restaurant to be determined. Guess I will have to be surprised where we'll be eating tonight. But right now it's time to head to the High Line.

The intersection of 14th Street and 8th Avenue.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...