Saturday, December 4, 2010

Crumbs: Cupcakes Galore at Hollywood/Highland

A selection of delicious indecision.
This is how the website for Crumbs Bake Shop sums up the happiness it delivers:

"At Crumbs Bake Shop, we believe in celebrating the simple everyday things in life. In a world where we move too fast, a cupcake is the exception. They add something so small, and so needed to our lives. Maybe what they really do is remind us that the best things in life really are so simple and easy."

The cupcakes at Crumbs are a large and filling size that it can be a challenge to take a bite of frosting with every bite of cake. The display case of baked goods in the shop is a feast for the eyes. Having a sweet tooth, I could not resist not more than a couple hours after breakfast.

The remains of a snack.
I first discovered Crumbs in New York City and once I took a bite into their signature red velvet cupcake, I was hooked. So it was pleasure to find this new location to visit in Los Angeles. This time I opted for the carrot cake ($3.75) and coffee. So hungry was I that I had eaten the cupcake before I remembered to take a quick photo of this delight. All I have pictured is the evidence of the former cupcake.

Today this location also offered these cupcake flavors: vanilla coconut, gingerbread, cinnamon bun, chocolate pecan pie, cookie dough, cotton candy, cookies & cream and blackbottom cheesecake.

Crumbs Bake Shop is located on the ground level of the Hollywood & Highland Center near the entrance to Kodak Theatre. Hours Sun-Thu 9am-11pm; Fri & Sat 9am-12midnight. More info at crumbs.com.

Location at Hollywood & Highland Center.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...