Friday, June 29, 2012

Starbucks at the Marriott Marquis Saves My Morning and Day

The Marriott Marquis location of Starbucks on 45th Street.
(photos: TheHopefulTraveler) 
A breakfast comprised of a fruit, cheese, cracker, nuts plate with a
cappuccino.
I still wasn't feeling my best but knew I should leave the hotel to get some fresh air and something to eat even though I still had very little appetite. Besides I wanted housekeeping to service the room as soon as possible so I could stay in if I needed to.

In the meantime I didn't know where to grab a quick, small but healthy breakfast that I wanted to eat without traveling far. This Friday morning, the crowds were still light and most of the workers in the area already in their offices.  So a block away and uncrowded is a Starbucks on the ground level of the Marriott Marquis hotel.

It should be noted that this Starbucks is operated by the Marquis. I learned when on a previous visit I wanted to use a Starbucks gift card. The cashier explained that as a hotel operated eatery, they do not accept gift cards. That's fine cause it's not like there aren't another hundred Starbucks in the city or back home. But it got me thinking if the same situation exists at other hotels that have a Starbucks on the premises.

Anyway I found something I could eat: a fruit/cheese/cracker/nuts plate ($4.95) with a grande cappuccino ($4.50). It was a cool morning so it was comfortable to sit at one of the shop's tables along 45th Street.

This also gave me a chance to think about how to make the most of my day without feeling like my visit to the city is wasting away. Then I saw my answer across 45th Street through Shubert Alley to 44th Street: the Discovery Times Square center. More on that visit in the next post.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...