Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Europa Cafe at the Corner of 46th St and Sixth Avenue

Cafe Europa at the corner of 46th and 6th Avenue.
Rice Pudding, Pastrami on Focaccia and Pineapple Juice.(photos: TheHopefulTraveler)
With 14 locations and growing in Midtown & Downtown Manhattan, Europa Cafe has become one of the most convenient location for sandwiches, pastries, salads and soups. Think Starbucks with a meal service.

There's a couple of Europa Cafes near my hotel. One is located right on Broadway in the heart of Times Square and the other a block away at the corner of 46th and 6th Avenue. Being nearly 5pm, I opted for the what I guessed would be the less crowded one on this Wednesday afternoon.

I was right. The tables were full of diners but there was no line to order food. When I'm in the city and see a matinee and evening performance on the same day, it often is a struggle to find someplace practical to have dinner where I can beat the crowds. Feeling a bit tired from my morning of sightseeing, I opted to pick up dinner and to enjoy it after returning to my hotel.

My order was comprised of a Pastrami Zesto Sandwich ($7.55; fresh pastrami, sauerkraut, spicy mustard and Swiss cheese on baked focaccia); Rice Pudding ($3.95; swirled with cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with raisins); and a bottle of Apple & Eve Pineapple Juice ($2.95).

The rice pudding was sweet and creamy and the sandwich which was made hot to order. The focaccia had a crispy crust which was balanced with the tender slices of pastrami and cheese and the restrained layer of sauerkraut.

Since Times Square is where I normally stay, this location of Europa Cafe is definitely a place to go back when time is limited and I'm in need of something quick and good.

Visit europacafe.com for more information. The 46th St/6th Ave location is open Mon-Fri 6:00am-9:00pm; Sat 6:00am-8:30pm and Sun 7:00am-5:00pm. Tel 212-575-727. Online and phone ordering available. Click HERE for online menu.

The 46th Street location includes a small dining area that extends to the left.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...