Saturday, June 30, 2012

5 Napkin Burger: Just the Bacon Cheeseburger Please

Bacon-Cheddar burger with hand cut fries.
 Restaurant is located at the corner of 45th Street and 8th Avenue.(photos: TheHopefulTraveler)
The first time I dined at Five Napkin Burger was in the summer of 2009 and I knew I would be back. Who know it would take me three years before returning. Despite having a selection of sushi maki rolls and salads, it's the burgers that is the purpose of my visit.

I normally consider an appetizer and think ahead about dessert. Though my appetite was returning after feeling ill the past couple of days, it wasn't a hundred percent yet. I was hungry but I knew my limit was probably just going to be an entree.

A Bacon-Cheddar burger ($14.95; 8 oz fresh ground beef, black label bacon, sharp cheddar, raw onion, lettuce, tomato, soft white roll) which is served with hand cut fries ordered with a coke ($3) became my meal for lunch. There's nothing negative to say about this succulent burger patty and generous cut of bacon. It's one of the best burgers I've ever tasted. Juicy and flavorful through and through. And what is is about thinly cut fries served hot and freshly salted that keeps you eating one after another till they're gone.

Like other popular restaurants on Eight Avenue in Hell's Kitchen, the place does fill quickly during peak meal times but don't be afraid to inquire if a table is available or if you're willing to dine at one of the sidewalk tables. The dining room resembles a remodeled butcher's shop but the seating and chairs warms the atmosphere.

Visit 5napkinburger.com for more information and other locations. The Hell's Kitchen restaurant located at 630 9th Ave at 4th Street is open Mon-Fri 11:30am-Midnight; Sat and Sun 11:00am-Midnight; a la carte brunch Sat and Sun 11:00am-4:00pm. Click HERE for menus.

Dining Room.
Seating along 45th Street.
Seating along 8th Avenue.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...