Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Paris Las Vegas Hotel: From Room 415 to Room 3072P

"No. de Chambres" means "Room No." and non-smoking.
"Everything's sexier in Paris Las Vegas" and Room 3072P fits
the description.
(photos: TheHopefulTraveler)
A non-smoking room for me was indeed ready by 11am and so after roaming around the Paris and Bellagio hotel grounds I head to reception desk and got my new room keys. Then the unusual journey of taking the elevators to the fourth floor to pick up my two bags then heading back down to the ground floor and main bank of elevators. Separate elevator banks are devoted only to certain floors so since I'm switching rooms from the 4th to the 30th floor I could not just head straight up to my new room.

I am still peeved that I had to sleep in a room designated smoking last night so I am hoping this room is much better. But what a world of difference as soon as I got off the elevators on the 30th floor. As on each floor there is a central seating area and then four hallways heading to each wing of the hotel. But there is not a hint of cigarette smoke in the air. As I walk down the hallway, I quickly realize my room is way at the end of this long corridor. To my surprise the room I am re-assigned is excellent.  See the next few posts for information and photos of Room 3072P. The "P" should have been a hint of what was to come.

Most of the mega-resorts built in Las Vegas in the past twenty years have
these unusually long hallways in each wing.
In the center of each floor is the elevator bank and a small sitting area
from where four hallways lead to each wing of the hotel.
(photos: TheHopefulTraveler)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...