|(image credit: Brian Cohen)|
- Travel booking sites and online travel agencies, in addition to airlines, must also include mandatory flight taxes and fees when advertising fares.
- There's nothing new for fare aggregator websites such as Kayak which were already displaying fares with the full taxes and fees.
- The rules also require vacation packages to show such fees and taxes if it includes airfare.
- Passengers will have a choice to cancel or change a reservation within 24 hours of initial booking as long as the ticket was purchased at least a week before departure.
- Airlines cannot increase the price of a ticket after it is sold.
- Airlines must inform passengers if a flight will be more than 30 minutes late.
- Costs for baggage fees must be displayed on the "first screen containing a fare quotation for a specific itinerary."
- Baggage fees must also be displayed on electronic ticket confirmations.