|'Shrek the Musical' cost $25 million|
The article reveals some interesting facts and figures:
- The 2011 London revival of Harold Pinter's play 'Betrayal' cost £350,000 (about $565,000) on the West End and an additional £65,000 ($105,000) to pay weekly operating costs. The same production would cost $2.8 million on Broadway.
- Only about 20 percent to 30 percent of new shows each year turn a profit on Broadway.
- Union-negotiated contracts also stipulate the number and wages of crew members, musicians and others who are expected to work on a Broadway show; there is far greater flexibility in London.
- Broadway plays cost at least $2.5 million to mount.
- Intimate Broadway musicals that hold down expenses (such as 'Next to Normal') can cost $4 million.
- Bigger-scale Broadway musicals can cost $10 million to $15 million.
- 'The Book of Mormon' cost $9 million.
- 'Shrek the Musical' cost $25 million
- 'Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark' cost $75 million
|'Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark' cost $75 million|