Tuesday, September 21, 2010

'Wasabi Sushi & Bento' has Chicken Katsu Curry


Wasabi Sushi & Bento is a relatively new chain of Japanese fast food restaurants and marked by their signature green lucite chairs. Again even though I'm in London, I chose to eat something I can find at home. At least this chain is not found in Hawaii so it would be a new experience.

Wasabi features pre-made sushi and rice bowls and also hot items to order. When I saw they had my favorite donburi (rice bowl dish) of Chicken Katsu Curry, that was it. With a can of orange Tango soda, I was happy. Total was 5.80 (or US$9). This was a deep bowl version different from the plated version I usually find at home. But it was still good and satisfying. Seated outside, this location is an interesting place to people watch. With office buildings nearby and nearly noon, the restaurant had a line of workers ready to have their mid-day meal by the time I left.

This location of Wasabi (Tube: St. Paul's) is found in the shadow of St. Paul's Cathedral on Paternoster Row and is one of 20 locations in central London. Half of them, including this one, has tenppanyaki hot plate dishes to offer.

More info at wasabi.uk.com.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...