Monday, September 13, 2010

A Knock on the Door at the Renaissance


Shortly after checking-in to the Renaissance Chancery Court, there was a knock on the door. To my surprise it was room service delivering two complimentary bottles of water, one still and one sparkling. This was a treat. One thing we forget is how dehydrated we become traveling especially after a ten-hour flight. Feeling tired and needing rest until the play I would be seeing this evening, the service was refreshing indeed. Finally with hotels attempting to profit where possible, it's becoming increasingly rare to find anything in the room that doesn't come with a price tag.

My recommendation is upon arrival to a hotel after a long flight is to drink a lot of water and to take a shower. I always found this to help relieve some jet lag. Of course a nap doesn't hurt either. Little did I know that taking a nap would affect how my evening would begin.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...