Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa to Become the Loews Hollywood Hotel

2009 photo of the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel along North
Highland Avenue. (photo: TheHopefulTraveler)
Why am I not surprised? Another convenient hotel in the Marriott family changes brands. The Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa will become the Loews Hollywood Hotel after the sale closes this month. Hospitality experts value the deal at about $165 million.

This is the sixth hotel among the various Marriott brands where I have booked a stay and later changed brands. I've stayed here three times here since 2004 and found it convenient when attending a performance at the L.A. Music Center or heading out to Universal Studios. Best of all I would earn Marriott Rewards points with each stay. In 2010 I published an entire set of posts covering aspects of the hotel. Now I would have to look at for another nearby Marriott property should I need to return to this part of Los Angeles since I'm a points-driven traveler.

Loews plans a $26 million renovation of the 20-story hotel located at the Hollywood & Highland Center including all guest rooms. The property dates back from 1972, when it opened as a Holiday Inn. About $130 million of renovations was spent on the hotel with the opening of the H&H Center.

Visit loewshotels.com for more information about the Loews Hollywood Hotel.

2009 photo of the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel viewed from
the Hollywood & Highland Center.
(photo: TheHopefulTraveler)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...