Saturday, October 22, 2011

Termini Brothers Bakery at Reading Terminal Market



It's a Sunday morning and I really should a healthy breakfast. It's also my last day in the Philadelphia so this one time I'll have something sweet from Termini Brothers Bakery. Once at their glass display case, it's not surprised to be in a state of indecision. Having a sweet tooth, everything looks yummy.

They had something with a banana in it so that's kind of eating healthy. But its wrapped in custard and a crisp chocolate coating. A photograph of the goody is below and I'll leave it at that. The sugar rush and a cup of coffee and my day was jump started. I've read that their signature items of cannoli, slogliatelle and fig bars are recommended.

Although they have gift tins on display, these must be special ordered at least one day in advance. But boxes of biscotti and cookies ($20; pictured above) were available and I picked one up to bring back home.

Visit termini.com for more information, additional locations and mail order service. The Reading Terminal location is open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 9am-5pm.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...