Monday, September 20, 2010

London Fashion Week at Somerset House

Photographer entrance to the runway. So model perfect a pose is the women in the red skirt.
One of the charms of Somerset House is once you walk into the beautiful granite courtyard, it's like you've walked back into time. Sometimes a movie set in the past is being filmed. In the winter an ice rink fills the space. Often it is quiet except for the playful fountains of water that appear from the courtyard floor.

Main entry to Somerset courtyard from the Strand.
Today it was a mass of activity. This shows you just don't know what you'll encounter in such a busy metropolis. Last week it was the premiere of "The Other Guys" at Leicester Square. Today it was London Fashion Week here at Somerset House which distracted me from an intended visit to the Courtauld Gallery. I knew Fashion Week would take place from Sep 17-Sep 22 based on advertising at my hotel, I just didn't know where so this was by luck that I stumbled upon it. As much as I would have loved a peek inside, only persons with official passes could enter.

So before heading to the Courtauld, I took a stroll around the massive tent where numerous photographers were asking what I guess were models to pose for photos. For more info about this event go to londonfashionweek.co.uk. Click here for my previous post about Somerset House. More info on the venue at somerset-house.org.uk.

View from upper level of Courtauld Gallery.
A clutch of onlookers.
The flux of people of in the courtyard.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...